Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday, Monday


Got up at 4:30 this morning to work and check email and no dial tone. I had a bad feeling about it and I was right. When Qwest took my order for the new phone and DSL line to be installed, they decided to be very over zealous and terminate my service here. I'm still here. I'm still working. Haven't moved yet. Oh, well, no big. I waited for three hours -- touched up my roots, showered and got dressed while I waited -- and then drove down to Tabernash to use the pay phone in the wintry cold. They had my service turned back on by the time I got home. But now I'm over four hours behind schedule and that puts everything else off. Lovely. Must be Monday.

Got back called the government again to find out where my payment was (lost in bureaucratic computers somewhere but they will expedite it again), called my new landlord to let her know Qwest would be there tomorrow to hook up the DSL line, called a friend to give him directions to my place so he can help me move this week and checked email. Nothing much. A lot of spam. A little knowledge and some good news -- at last.

My little sister passed her exam at work and interviews tomorrow for a brand new better paying job. That makes all the hassles of this morning worth it. I told her she could do it. She was so worried and had already decided she wouldn't pass the test, but she did. I'm so proud of her. I just know she'll get the job.

Mom and Dad moved into their new house this weekend and slept in so late yesterday they didn't go to church. Very rare occasion. Dad was still in bed when I called Mom to wish her a Happy Her Day. That's not like him. He was really tired out. And Beanie was on her way over with food because Mom can't find anything, including her junk food and chocolate.

Just another day in the country.

But I won't be in the country much longer. Moving to the big city to a ghost-inhabited apartment with very little furniture and lots of promise. Doesn't get much better than this.

Now, if it will only NOT rain on Friday, I can put together a picnic and enjoy it with a friend.

No comments: