Tuesday, June 13, 2006

News!


MJ called me a little while ago to let me know he was leaving Nashville and on his way to Denver International Airport. He'll be here tonight and we have a telephone date. We haven't spoken in about two weeks, what with his little spiritual vacation and my physical vacation. It was nice to hear from him again even though it was a short call. He also told me he was looking forward to our picnic in the park on Friday, so I'd better get that cold shower (feeling hot and sweaty), put on some clothes (so I don't get arrested for indecent exposure, although I would be cooler) and toddle on down to the store.

The Evil One made a request for the taco salad I did the last time (he really liked that, although he said he was flexible -- I'll be the judge of that) and I think an ice cold watermelon would go down quite nicely. I'll have to do the dishes, but I would have to do them anyway. And I might just have a piece or two of the key lime cheesecake stashed away somewhere after tonight's little spell of baking.

Lynn, tell your Dad I'm perfecting the recipe and I promise to bring it with me this fall when I come to visit.

Since I lost the bottom to my spingform pan I am going to have to be creative. I have lots of boxes around here, so I'm going to cut out a circle of cardboard, cover it with aluminum foil (recycled of course) and that way I can reuse the sides of the pan right away and not have to worry about buying another pan. Clever, no?

The landlady is grilling Black Angus hamburgers on the new grill and has offered to share, so I need to get moving so I can get back and enjoy my share.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: