Friday, May 30, 2008

Unexpected moments


Is there any scent to rival the green growing world warmed by sunshine and carried on cool breezes? I don't think so. I opened all the windows and took a deep breath and everything started tingling from my toes all the way up my spine to the roots of my hair. It's a glorious day with an arching Colorado blue sky and new leaves dancing in the breeze, casting seeds pods and pollen over everything like a dusty golden cover. The temperature is perfect and the breeze smells of life and excitement. Passing conversations fling themselves onto the winds and carry through the window full of laughter and emotion. Sunshine strained through the leaves cast glimmers of light and shadow onto my shoulders and the breezes lift my wet hair and send cooling kissing across my shoulders. And it's just another day, another glorious and beautiful day. What a gift.

No comments: