Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I just realized


that as of the end of next week I am going to have lots of time on my hands, lots of time to just screw around, clean house, dig in the dirt, and cut down trees and cut up logs for the fireplace with the chainsaw. I am also going to have a lot of time to write, read, and research. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm going to be able to write.

A friend told me last year that I could write 12 books a year, or at least 6 books a year if I took my time. At the time I thought he was nuts, especially considering everything I had on my plate, but I think he could be right. I could actually have a minimum of six books making the publishing rounds in a year, and two of them I know are good. I don't know about the other four because I haven't written them or even thought about them.

I will also have time to finally put together a consumer security column for syndication and a print magazine is already interested and wants a sample column for their launch. I could actually make my writing pay. I'll have time for marketing and sending out queries and manuscripts. I will even have time to write to my heart's content. No more art work to find to illustrate someone else's stories. No more niggling, nit picky little changes to make for control freaks and PITAs. No more attitudes that need adjusting or whiny authors complaining that I trashed their stories or didn't notify them first that I changed a comma without telling them. No more long hours, hard work, draining of my talents and resources to make everyone else look good. And most of all, no more people taking credit for my thoughts, ideas, and work while they smile and say thank you to the people who think they are the creative force.

Free at last. Free at last. Thank the gods I am free at last.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with all that freedom. Any ideas?

No comments: