Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday slow down


It's a beautiful sunny day and the first time it has been above 20 degrees for weeks. Snow is melting and plopping wetly onto the piles of snow under the roof. I may even get enough energy up to shovel the deck today out in the warm sun. But in the meantime, acoustic guitar and Michael Johnson are playing on the computer and I'm going to go downstairs and fix a real breakfast: ham, eggs, and fresh cut mango. Then I'm going to sit in my favorite chair in the sunshine, listen to the music, and leisurely enjoy myself before I have to finish cleaning house and doing laundry.

There are worse things in life than a leisurely Sunday morning alone in the silence and solitude of my mountain cabin, like expecting your lover to take the time to come visit and share a birthday and Valentine's celebration and ending up alone.

No comments: