Saturday, July 22, 2006

More good deeds punished


I cannot believe some people. You take the time to post a new market listing on a writing community that has seen little if any action for months and all you get are complaints. Complaints about the amateurishness of a paying market. Complaints about their editorial choices. Complaints about the code on their website.

My first reaction was to ask them when they (the complainers) had last posted any market at all and ask if they were disappointed by the amount of money or just that the publication was amateurish and needed editing. I changed my mind. Pearls before swine.

I deserve their complaints. I took the time to post a speculative fiction market that, granted, only pays 1/2 cent per word and that is a new market. What was I thinking?

Guess that will teach me.

I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead and go do laundry.

No comments: