Monday, July 24, 2006

No more


Mercury has been retrograde and it is more obvious today than it has been during the whole cycle. Thank goodness it goes direct on the 28th.

In addition to the situation with my mother's records, and while I was taking a nap after having worked all night and most of the day, the mailman who refused to give me my mail unless I showed him ID was back today. The landlady was downstairs and he rang the doorbell, which I keep unplugged because every doorbell rung within a two block radius sets off my doorbell, so unless I know someone is coming over it stays unplugged. He rang the door bell to give me my packages, more books from Amazon.com. Because I didn't answer the door he left receipts for me to take to the local post office to pick up my packages. It isn't as if I had to sign for the books but he wasn't going to leave them unless I took them from him. Now I have to schlep all the way to the post office tomorrow to pick up my books. I will also talk to the supervisor at that station and ask them to please inform this particular mailman that unless the packages he is to deliver specifically ask for a signature or are COD he is to leave them on the porch like all the other mailmen who came before him and will undoubtedly come after him.

As if that isn't enough, an Amazon.com purchase that was delivered was the wrong item. I contacted the seller and was told he would refund my money and to send the movie back. I wrote back and explained I would prefer to have the movie I order and which he advertised instead of the refund. He replied, I OFFERED A FULL REFUND AND YOU HAD TO GET ALL CRAPPY WITH ME.PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOVIE AS TO AMAZON RULES...NO REFUNDS AFTER 30 DAYS.THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

His next email to me was:
BUYER RECEIVED MOVIE AS ORDERED.HE HAD 2ND THOUGHTS AFTER PURCHASING MOVIE.I OFFERED FULL REFUND,HE DID NOT WANT TO RETURN MOVIE.BUYER SHOULD ASK ANY QUESTIONS "BEFORE" BUYING MOVIE.I'M SORRY HIS MOMMY IS NOT HAPPY WITH HIM.OTHER THAN THIS "PERSON",i HAVE MAINTAINED 100% FEEDBACK & VERY PROUD OF MY SERVICE ON AMAZON.PLEASE ENJOY YOUR MOVIE!!
HAVE A NICE DAY.


It isn't as if I ask much: courtesy, professionalism, some sense of decency and intelligence. Evidently, I am asking too much. The seller, who is sgtkevin170, sells his wares on Amazon.com and they have been apprised of the situation and his responses, which I included in my email to them. I have also let sgtkevin170 know that I have contacted Amazon.com about the situation, sent them copies of his emails to me and that all I want is the movie I paid for that he advertised. In addition, he cannot count since it has been less than 30 days since I ordered the movie and didn't receive the movie until 10 days ago. I don't think that is too much to ask, but I am obviously wrong about that, too. So, now I am urging everyone who reads this to think twice if you buy anything on Amazon.com from this seller.

I am very tired of people who cannot do their jobs without acting like jerks or making things difficult when they need not be difficult. I am tired of greedy people whose only interest is in money and to whom customer service and Hippocratic oaths mean nothing. Unfortunately, I can't blame all this on Mercury retrograde because these people are like this all the time and it is only during this trying time of miscommunication that brings their nastier traits to the light.

That is all. Disperse. I certainly will.

No comments: