Saturday, August 12, 2006

On the fly


I have VE sessions this morning and I just finished my usual breakfast (can't believe I didn't think of freezing the bananas before they went all brown and icky before this) and I have news. For three years my book reviews for Author Link have been reprinted at The Celebrity Cafe so I have a track record with them. Yesterday I got the bright idea to contact the editor-in-chief and see if they would be interested in me writing original book reviews for them. I also thought, since I was on the topic of hiring me, they might be interested in a weekly column. Long story short, I am now the newest staff book reviewer for the site, which averages 4.9 million hits a day and is frequently picked up by MSNBC, CNN and other news services (it is a news magazine), and I will be working on a new column. It isn't the one I pitched but a consumer targeted security column tied into current events and concerns. The editor-in-chief called me last night to discuss it and I now have another publication to add to my credentials and a much wider reader base. This should be interesting and a lot of fun. I haven't had a new column in over a year and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I might even be able to work in my ham radio credentials and interests to capture a little interest and do one for Marconi.

Anyway, I'm off to get dressed and get out of here to watch a bunch of guys wolf down donuts while we wait for amateur radio operator wannabes pore over their exams until it's my turn to grade and give them the good/bad news. Have a great Saturday.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: