Saturday, April 28, 2007

Blank slate


Saturday mornings are the best, especially lately. I awaken in darkness well before the sun hints it's up and realize I don't have to get up right away or at least I can go back to sleep once I take care of the morning water. A blank slate hangs before me. I have a few things I need to get done, but there is no clock ticking and no sense of time running out.

I watch the first colors tint the clouds and sky. As the light brightens, dark shapes coalesce from shadows into color and light. Birds twitter and call, singing up the sun. The blossoms on the tree next door brighten and the colors soften to shades of pink and rose when the light hits them. The breeze brings the scents of fresh, cool air and warming flowers. Sunshine filters through the leaves that seem to grow more profuse with every passing moment. I close my eyes and breathe and relax and drift in and out of sleep and dreams. It's Saturday and life is full of possibilities.

No comments: