Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hit and crawl


I'd run but I don't have the energy.

An email to a colleague with the usual news and views resulted in a message from a literary agency anxious to put my work up for auction, specifically a book about a tangled web of deceit, intrigue, death and money. I hadn't expected it, but it definitely will make a difference in my life. I've worked with these people for five years without once considering the other side of their business (actually oblivious to it), but I dare not say too much lest I jinx the deal. When the rest of the news is out, I'll share it. Until then...

One more thing. A Cup of Comfort for Cat Lovers came out July 1st with my story Phantom of the Closet. I also received the galleys for the next Chicken Soup book (Empty Nesters) and have to sign off on the galleys and fax them this morning. Then there's work and trying to find a breath of fresh air somewhere in this 90-degree heat since the elements won't oblige me and drop the rain on this side of town, preferring rather to flood the east side of town.

Okay, I'm done crowing and whining for now. Have a wonderful day and I hope you find a shady and cool spot somewhere.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: