Monday, August 03, 2009

A shot across the bow


I've been swamped with work and getting marketing together for Past Imperfect, but it seems to be paying off. My publisher, L&L Dreamspell just sent me the link to my first review. Past Imperfect got 4.5 out of 5 stars. I'm pleased.

I'm ecstatic.

I'm high on ecstatic pleasure.

When I called Beanie to tell her she told me about her visit to the dentist. Eww, right? Wrong. She took my book with her and was reading it in the waiting room, carrying it with her when she sat in the dentist's chair. He asked her about the book and she told him her sister -- that would be me -- wrote it and that it is a romance. He said he and his wife would love to read it and asked how to get it. She gave him directions and he said he and his wife would have to have their own copies. Two more sales. Not much in the scheme of things, but one person became two and those two, if they like the book will mean more people. Who knows? My book may go viral.

It could happen.

Anyway, I'm off to spread the news. Happy Monday to everyone and don't give up on your dreams. It may take a while, but if you don't let go, they turn into books with good reviews. My first review is good so I can handle the bad ones now -- and they will come.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: