Sunday, January 03, 2010

Change is inevitable, life happens


Change is inevitable and even I cannot stand against the inevitable if I wished to do so, and I don't. Last year was full of change and surprises, not all of them good, but definitely interesting and the changes continue.

First of the changes in the new year concern by novel, Past Imperfect. I have had several requests for autographed copies, so I've made it easier by adding a PayPal button to the left side of my LJ page. Orders will be processed within one business day.

The other major change coming within the next few days is a contest with prizes that include Visa gift cards, Godiva truffles and books. You know there have to be books. Details will be posted on Tuesday, January 5, 2010.

Another smaller change is the number of the year and my seeming inability to remember to put '10 instead of '09 on my paper journal and all correspondence. Give me a break. It's only the third day of the year. I'll get it eventually, probably by June or even August. You just never know.

The semi-annual bonus and report of statistics came yesterday and I wasn't too unhappy with the results. The bonus was my usual bonus, but my error rate had dropped and I missed being first in the company by 3/1000 of a point. The winning employee had a 0.046% error rate and my error rate was 0.049% over a six-month period, covering more than 10,000 pages of operative reports. I wonder of the winning employee does anything more complicated than admission and discharge summaries. I think the statistics should at least take the difficulty and technicality of the work done, but then I always do.

More changes are on the horizon, not the least of which is publication of more anthologies and novels with my name on the cover, but it's best to wait until the times come so that I don't bore you with repeating details.

Unlike many people, I will not post an overview of the past decade until New Year's Eve 2010 since that will be the end of the first decade of the 21st century. Who knew it would fly by so quickly? Two and a half years closer to the end of the Mayan calendar, but it is not the end of the world or the end of humanity, unless someone does something really stupid, and that's always possible as long as there are stupid people in the world in positions of power like presidents, premieres, ayatollahs, etc.

As always, I am a work in progress with several works in progress and that will not change until my hands are stilled, my eyes blind and breath no longer fills my lungs or brain functions. Life is change and I'm not ready for the ultimate change yet. I have things to do, people to meet and love and places to see.

If you want an autographed copy of Past Imperfect, click away.






Options
Personalization







That is all. Disperse.

No comments: