Saturday, February 13, 2010

Early Valentines


I'm about to leave for my vacation and will not return until the 22nd. I needed to clear up some details, like posting the winners of the Great Love Letters Valentine Contest. They have been chosen and notified, but the news will not be posted until tomorrow -- as promised. I had a difficult task choosing the winners and some entrants sent in more than one letter. One entry was in the form of a sonnet. I had so much fun with this contest I will likely set up a few more with different prizes and maybe even copies of my Chicken Soup and Cup of Comfort anthologies, appropriately signed of course.

What surprised me most was that several men entered the contest and one gentleman was a soldier in Iraq who is now safely home in New Jersey. That's the thing about people, you never know just what they will do or how they will surprise you, and I was very surprised at the depth of emotion and humor shared.

As for me, I'm taking my humor and depths to a cozy little Victorian B&B for nine days and will not be posting during that time. I'll have Internet access, but I'm taking this time to relax, read, write and write some more. I'll check email, but only the really important messages will be answered. The rest will have to wait until I return. Have a great Valentine's Day and don't forget to tell the people that matter and make a difference in your lives how much they mean to you. You only have today. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: