Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Tagged and bagged

This is not how I want to wake up in the morning. I received a notice from my bank that I had made a purchase at the Bentonville, AR Walmart, a place where I do not shop, followed by a notice from Walmart that my account information had been changed. I called Walmart to discover that my old credit card, which the bank was supposed to have canceled and yet still honored, had been used by someone to buy $71.25 worth of goods. After a long conversation, an exchange of information, and resetting my account information, I discovered the thief had bought a box of Durex extra sensitive condoms and had added a TOPUP to his Virgin Mobile account, both of which have been canceled. His email address is: nuubeeb.l.ablablab.la@gmail.com. He won't get his Durex extra sensitive condoms nor will his Virgin Mobile phone be topped up. That is the problem with ordering online from someone else's credit card. I sent him an email to that effect. I have, however, contacted the police and have filed a complaint about identity theft. This is the third time in the past 10 years that this has happened and the thieves keep getting stupider or they would have figured out that I am not the kind of person to mess with or that their theft will go unnoticed for a month. This one was noticed within hours of it happening and his ill gotten gains have not been gained. So, whoever you are at nuubeeb.l.ablablab.la@gmail.com, please be advised, you have been unmasked and will need to explain your actions (which have been thoroughly documented) to the police. Good luck and get your condoms in the truck stop restroom like all the other people on the run. Thank you and have a nice day.

No comments: