Friday, October 12, 2018

Acting OUT in haste

The evening before I left Colorado and came to Ohio, Megan told me I was in her sights and she was taking aim.



Better if she had done that when she hooked up with my eldest son, David Scott.

Of course, if she had, I would not have two beautiful and talented granddaughters, Addy and Tori. 


She forbid me to show up at her door or to see my granddaughters. She informed me that she stalked me for two years, not to let her girls get to know their paternal grandmother (that's me) but to let me know about her and my granddaughters.

She claimed she was not replacing the girls' real grandmother, her mother (and I don't dispute that and don't want to take aim at her at all. I like and respect her.) but informing me of Tori and Addy's existence.

Thank you, Megan. I have never disputed their existence and I enjoyed thoroughly getting to know the girls. I do not agree with your actions regarding me.

You have banished me from your life -- and the girls' lives -- without giving me a chance. You gave David Scott more chances than you gave me.

Yes, I should not have talked so plainly with Tori. I should not have acquainted her with David Scott's history since you have taken great pains to hide much of the truth from Victoria and Addison, and I have aided and abetted you with regard to that. Mea culpa. I did wrong.

I should have told them the WHOLE truth. I bowed to your wisdom in hiding from them the fact that David Scott had married Julie, the mother of his twins (and their half-brother and sister), Connor's death, and Sierra's adoption by her maternal grandparents. David has left a long trail of broken hearts and broken dreams in his wake that stretches from Ohio to Mexico and up the western coast of this country. You may tell the girls whatever you choose and I will stay silent and won't turn up on your doorstep to meet the girls face to face. That is your choice -- and I have honored that choice.

No longer.

I will not stay silent any more. I will see the girls -- and meet them. If you were prefer I do not, then go to court and get an official order -- a TRO, temporary restraining order. You may get a judge to agree with you and then you will have to renew the TRO every five years (if the TRO is granted) to keep me away. You will have stalled my toxic effect on the girls -- for the time being. You will not, however, get me arrested and thrown in jail for ignoring  your wishes and meeting MY GRANDDAUGHTERS. I think your mother would agree with me and that I have the right to see, meet, and get to know them without the distance between Ohio and Colorado since I am here IN OHIO and living in the state.

You may turn away and send back any letters I send and you have already unfriended me on Facebook. So be it.

Just a note, my siblings have cut me out of their lives too. I'm used to it. They have their views and opinions of me and I will not -- and cannot -- change their minds. It's rather like the endemic abuse suffered by women since Eve. I might even join the #metoo movement, not only for my own abuse by men and relatives, but by MEN since the beginning of time.

You have the right to refuse to see me, talk to me, or listen to me and I will respect YOUR rights, but you must respect MY rights.

I AM their paternal grandmother and I will speak the truth, the WHOLE TRUTH, whether you agree or not. I will no longer censor myself. I will be who I have always been and will always be. Keep that in mind.

I have been honest with you and now I'm going to be honest with Victoria and Addison. They need to know the truth, not the truth as you have told them, but the whole truth. I'm going to be honest with them. I won't lie to them or for you any more.

So go get your legal TRO and keep renewing it every 5 years as long as it is in force -- and while I am alive and a danger to you and your daughters. You might want to get another TRO for David Scott if he ever returns to Ohio and keep renewing that one every 5 years as long as he is a threat

Go on with your life. Get married. Move out of your mother's home and grow up. Be an adult. Be responsible for yourself and take responsibility for your life without using (and abusing) your mother's kindness and tolerance.

There are consequences to hasty actions and here they are in black and white. Don't blame others. Either tolerate them and accept their generosity or cut them out of their lives and take the consequences. Not everyone -- and that includes me -- agrees with your decisions or your actions. I don't agree with my sons' actions -- not even David Scott.

That is all. Disperse.


No comments: