Monday, November 05, 2018

Get off cereal grains, like wheat, oats, and rice

One of the residents here, Linda, sat down next to me with a glass of chocolate milk because she had heartburn. Basically she suffers from reflux.

I should've told her that all she needs to do is get rid of the cereal grains in her diet, but she, like so many people, probably wouldn't and don't listen to me when it comes to diet.

More's the pity. Ditch the cereal grains and reflux and many of the diseases we consider taking medicine for would disappear and we would be healthier. BB doesn't listen to me -- and has gone from pre-diabetic to full blow diabetes and continues to take her statin drugs and blood pressure lowering meds. I've advised her to follow the Wheat Belly diet, but she ignores me, which is why her A1c was 14 and her blood sugar was over 400.

Maybe I should've told Linda, but I've had bad luck telling people to go ketogenic that I keep my mouth shut. BB would laugh at that -- if she was still talking to me, which she isn't. She cut me out of her life when I posted online that I was censoring myself at her request -- urging. Oh, well.

Linda drank her chocolate milk and I kept my mouth shut that she would get rid of her problem if she stopped eating cereal grains. BB will miss that part of the conversation -- and this one -- because she cut me out of the family again. I doubt she ever reads my blogs. She certainly ignores my advice.

My A1c is very low, almost not detectable, and I have had no diabetes since I went ketogenic. It works. My pants, the ones she and my cousin Laura bought me Labor Day keep falling down, stopped by my thick calves, where the pants stop falling when they get caught on my calves.

I've always had ugly legs. It's a given and I don't worry about it. At least I won't lose my pants like Laura did when she competed at a band concert when she walked out of her far too large band pants. She had another pair of pants on beneath the band pants. I have my thick calves so I won't walk out of my pants. I also won't get an award for my having walked out of my pants either.

Statin drugs and blood pressure lowering drugs (not to mention diabetes) would be cured if BB paid attention and got on a ketogenic diet. BB cannot give up her pasta. No wonder she's gotten fat and has diabetes. Her doctor will prescribe more drugs and she will take them, but wouldn't have to if she just read the numerous posts I send her written by Dr. William Davis or listened to me to get off the diabetes train by going ketogenic and tossing all cereal grains -- and pasta -- in the bin. Linda would never have heartburn if I had told her that she could cure her heartburn by cutting out the cereals (wheat, rice, corn, oats, etc.) in her diet. Reflux -- like diabetes -- would respond by simply getting off the cereal grain train.

I love the ketogenic diet. I can eat all the fats I need (and like) and I can have as many veggies as I please. I eat more vegetables without the Meals on Wheels version of a veggie diet (heavy with pasta and mini pizzas). I eschew such horrible carb-heavy choices and keep drinking water and eat fat and real vegetables without their carb-heavy offering. Good thing too or I would be battling the diabetes lifestyle and pricking my finger 3x a day for the rest of my life. I'm glad that's behind me because I paid attention and cured my diabetes once and for all. Give me an avocado and a spoon and I'll be happy for the rest of the day.

Think about it. You can cure diabetes (your statins and high blood pressure) by going ketogenic. Eat your vegetables, slather them with butter, and enjoy.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: