Sunday, October 31, 2004

NaNoWriMo


Yes, it's true. I'm going to tackle two books this month because I've been so lazy the rest of the year. Well, not so lazy, but I haven't written any books this year and I need to get back up on that horse.

I see has decided to do the same thing and write two books for the NaNoWriMo challenge this year, but I've decided I am not going to divide my energies and write two books at the same time. So, you ask, how do I plan to write two books in the month of November? Simple. I'm going to write the first one in the first half of the month and then write the second one.

I tend to have tunnel vision when I write, concentrating so intensely I am oblivious to everything and everyone around me, including biological functions. This is a good thing, but it also makes it difficult to write two books at once and still do what I must do to generate funds to pay for the privilege of living and writing. So, the two-pronged approach. A friend told me last year I could write two books a month and I'm going to see if his belief in me is misplaced or simply insane.

I'm going to tackle the incest novel first and then move on to something darker and more Victorian. Or, then again, I may do something completely out of character and write a romance. Quit laughing. I can write romance, but it won't be your Harlequin style, frilly, frothy, empty-headed romance. There will be a story and complex characters. So get ready to swallow your laughter and be amazed.

I am.

No comments: