Monday, November 01, 2004

Onward and upward...


The first day of the novel writing challenge and I was indulging myself in a hearty breakfast of turkey sausage, eggs, and a big cup of Dagoba Xocolatl (that's pronounced chocolate) Mexican cocoa mix with chilies and cinnamon. For those of you who don't know it, cinnamon has been shown to lower insulin sensitivity in diabetics, but that peculiar mix of chilies and cinnamon is typically Mexican and more delicious than you ever dreamed possible. I'm feeling revved up and warm inside, and not just from the chilies, but from a cup of morning cocoa and good food.

The Dagoba Xocolatl was an impulse buy this weekend at the health food store in Winter Park and I'm already hooked. I had a cup last night with a bowl of frozen mangoes and toasted pumpkin seeds and another cup. I may have another one tonight, so there.

In the meantime, I have cleared out all the emails and made my comments and I'm gearing up for an incest fest of unusual and controversial proportions. I do so love taking the road less traveled and this is no exception, so onward and upward to the 50K words I need to complete before the 15th of this month so I can move on to dark Victorian fiction. I write enough nonfiction all the time that I'm indulging my secret pleasure this month. Humor me or I'll make you read it all.

Join me in the NaNoWriMo challenge even if you think you can't write. You just never know until you try.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: