Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Control


Too often I feel like my life has been out of control, that I have been buffeted by hurricane force winds and that nothing is going my way, but it is an illusion born of my own fears and insecurities. That's something I have learned so much about over the years. One thing I do know is that I will survive and I will, like a cat, land on my feet, but those in between times are really difficult. It is my fault because I have lost focus, lost sight of what's really important. No more.

This morning I took another step towards creating my own happiness. My world is turning back around and I will have what I have always wanted -- happiness. It seems like such a distant and untouchable thing -- happiness -- but it isn't. Happiness is always within our grasp, but we have to see it, know it, and decide to take hold of it. It's as simple as that.

No complication, no outside force, nothing in this world can keep us from being happy if we truly wish it.

So, this morning I am happy. What about you?

No comments: