Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Welcome to the Springs


Since I moved here a little more than a week ago, (but really just one week and one day ago when I didn't have to go back to the cabin) people have been really wonderful to me. One of the guys at a friend's office makes killer cheesecake and I ordered one from him for a moving in gift for my landlord and Nell across the hall. He emailed a little while ago to tell me it was ready and he'd deliver it tonight, but couldn't stick around to chat. I was looking forward to talking to him. I emailed back and told him I was disappointed and I'd have to put the BBQ back in the fridge. He emailed back and told me the cheesecake is a "welcome to the springs" present and he was sorry about the BBQ.

There's a great BBQ place a couple blocks from here in Old Colorado City (Front Range BBQ) and I think I'll make a date and take him there to thank him for the free cheesecake. It's the least I can do. Besides, it will boost my social life and add one more person to my "people I like in the Springs" list that is growing longer every day.

I just love cheesecake, but free homemade cheesecake is the best.

That is all. Disperse -- and get your own cheesecake. This one's taken.

No comments: