Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hit and run


Just a quick post because I cannot work and concentrate if I don't get the news out NOW!

This morning I found out I passed my exam to become a Volunteer Examiner (VE) for ham radio licensing and my badge was sent out yesterday. That means I will be attending my first hamfest (ham radio swap meet) on June 11 and I will also be a VE at my first licensing exams -- the first of many.

Now that I'm settled, I have sent out the advertisements and calls for those writers who have been touched by or written books with Andre Norton. I have a lot of heavy weight help backing me up on this and once the information is processed I will be a new associate member of the Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA), which will go a long way towards helping me get the word out. It also means I will begin compiling the information and getting hold of all the letters, etc. I need to write the book...

...which means I have to finish my Victorian novel (and it's nearly done). From all accounts, there may be an auction for the Victorian novel and there has been some talk of movie tie-in, but that isn't nailed down yet. And you know how the Hollywood types like to talk. I'm in the "I'll believe it when I'm holding the check in my hot little hand" phase. But it does look good. So don't tell anyone. I don't want to jinx it.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: