Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Promotion time again


Since Bruce mentioned he wanted to read some of my writing and because these reviews are hot off the keyboard and new with The Celebrity Cafe I thought you might like my take on two new and very different thrillers.

The first one is Red Flash by Kiva Wolfe who places her mystery in the dark heart of the mile high city of Denver, Colorado. The second book is about sex and the Internet, one of M. J. Rose's favorite topics when she writes about the Butterfield Institute in New York City, The Venus Fix.

With each book and each review I learn more about writing and about myself. One thing I've learned is that just because I don't like a book does not mean someone else might like it. I am very picky about things like grammar, characterization and dialogue, the latter because I have had my struggles with it over the years. Whenever you read a review on anything, except for safety reviews in Consumer Reports, take it with a grain of salt. Check out the book, movie, CD or whatever for yourself. I always do.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: