Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pain, agony and Sundays

My right thumb is swollen, bruised and stiff. It hurts to move it and since I'm right handed that makes things interesting.

If I hadn't cleaned out the trunk and inside of my car I wouldn't have dislocated my thumb. Thank goodness I don't have to use my thumb to type. Thank goodness I don't have to work this week. Thank goodness my thumb went back in as quickly as it came out. It looked strange and happened so fast I didn't realize what happened. I thought I was seeing things. Looking at my thumb swollen all the way down to my wrist I know it was no dream, no optical illusion and no mistake. I dislocated my thumb. I guess the intense pain afterward and all last night should have been a clue.

It's cold and white outside. Yesterday's sunshine and warmth are gone and I can feel rain in the air. We're going to be stuck here in this apartment watching movies and talking and watching Mom dig through her things like an upscale bag lady hung with gold chains and gems demanding salmon patties. That reminds me I need to make a list and go to the store after I take a shower and put on some warmer clothes.

After Beanie took her shower yesterday she complained it was difficult getting clean because she didn't have a wash cloth to wash her stuff. I said she should have used my puff. Carol said, "You don't want her washing her stuff with your puff." Carol also called and told our brother Jimmy about Beanie washing her stuff with my puff.

Last night Carol called because she wanted Beanie to walk over to the motel so she'd have a smoking buddy. I have a strange family. This will be an interesting, albeit, very strange week, and it's only Sunday.

No comments: