Friday, November 24, 2006

After turkey blues and greens and skunk


I'm not happy about it but I'll do it. Work, that is. I over slept this morning and am getting a late start but I think it's a good thing. The landlady came back early today and her daughter's dogs got skunked again. She had to take a shower and wash her clothes because she smells like skunk. That is one scent I don't think I can take early in the morning, especially not on a morning when I have to work. She'll go back out to her daughter's house in Black Forest for the weekend and Pastor and I will roam around the area for the weekend. We may even take a walk out to Garden of the Gods for a while to clear my head and get some exercise. The landlady said even her purse smells of skunk and she has clients today; that is why she came back to town.

I probably over slept because Mark called late last night to thank me for my Thanksgiving day card and to see if I would give in and give him what he wanted--a little titillation over the phone. The answer is still no, but thanks for playing. I have to give him credit. He is persistent and that persistence is what finally got him a permanent job so that he is back to work now. He's been working temporary jobs, doing consulting work and helping build houses for Habitat for Humanity since he was laid off four years ago. He's glad to get back to work finally but a little nervous. I know the feeling. It's hard to give up having lots of free time to come and go as you please and get back into the 9-5 grind. He was also bemoaning the fact that he was planning to come back out and visit for a few days and now he has to wait for six months because of the new job. I have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to see him again but I'm not anxious to explain that since I now have a couch that is where he will be sleeping. My heart (and body) belongs to another. I guess I'm more Charlotte than Samantha, despite what you might have heard.

I have about ten minutes to get dressed and get some breakfast before another day of work. It's not so bad, I guess, since I'll get paid when I work and I wouldn't get paid if I took the day off. I have a four-day weekend for the next holiday and that is something to look forward to enjoying. At least this year I'll be paid for the holiday and there will be a bonus at the end of the year, so two things to look forward to enjoying instead of one. At this rate, things are bound to get better.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: