Monday, April 21, 2008

Things are changing


I got the word this morning I got the cottage . . . all to myself. It's not perfect; the master bedroom is smaller than the one I have now, but the other bedroom has built in bookcases. Guess where my office will be? The living room is bigger and longer and there's an tiled entry way with lots of closet space, a deck and plenty of privacy. The gas stove and the dishwasher make up for the lack of cabinet space, as do the long and roomy counters. There's also a tiled breakfast bar with room for 3-4 stools so I'm not complaining. Unless you build the house yourself or stumble onto the perfect place, everything is a compromise. At least there are no neighbors close by since the cottage sits well way from the street and there is plenty of space on both sides. My parking spot is off the street and right by the front door, which is just one step up to the deck and one more into the house.

I've already contacted the movers, arranged for the utilities to be shut off here and turned on there and scheduled the phone service to be switched, and I get a much faster DSL line, from 1.5 to 7. Talk about zooming along. I sign the lease and give up the deposit tomorrow afternoon, but I'm looking forward to the change. All I need to do now is contact the cleaning service and coordinate them to come in and make this place ship shape and Bristol fashion so I can leave with a clear conscience. Life is good.

Oh, did I mention the privacy and no landlord counting how many times I use the toilet or how long I take a shower or run water to wash dishes?

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: