Monday, December 08, 2008

Book promotions


I've been working on marketing schemes for my book and I think I've come up with a good one. There's a scene in the novel when two of the protagonists are sharing a decadent chocolate-cream-caramel dessert in a way that is highly sexual. (You'll have to read the book to find out when and what.) Given the fact that most readers and book buyers like to be involved in some way, especially when there's free stuff, I thought it would be a good idea to hold a contest pre-launch to create the most decadent and sexiest dessert. If I can get a company involved that would be willing to give away something substantial for the best recipe ( can feel my hips expanding already) to coincide with the book launch, or the restaurant where the scene takes place to give away dinner for two for the winning dessert recipe (and serve the dessert at dinner), I think that would definitely generate some interest and some numbers. I think the restaurant would be the best bet, although it would help to throw in one night at a local hotel and air fare since the restaurant is near Philadelphia. That's going to take some work, but it would be great publicity for the restaurant and the hotel, not to mention for the book. I could do the same thing with a couple other restaurants mentioned in the book, too. One restaurant is a BBQ joint in Columbus and a great seafood restaurant in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Hook up with an airline or two and maybe a travel agency and I think we have a winner.

That is all. Disperse.

No comments: