Sunday, May 14, 2006

Baking day


My arms are sore but my heart is light. I'm happy.

After a whole lot of work and effort (and people did this all the time before electricity), I just took the birthday cheesecake out of the oven and put it immediately into the fridge (as directed). There it will stay for 24 hours before I take it out of the pan and it looks beautiful. I used real infused vanilla for the sour cream topping and fresh squeeze lemon juice for the cake. If this turns out the way I hope (and it should) I'm going to play around with the recipe a little and see if I can come up with a new twist, or at least one that is as good as I remember this one being.

Ground almonds in the crust and almond extract in the sour cream icing? Macadamia nuts? Chocolate? So many different things to do and try and make. All I need now are a lot more friends who love cheesecake who have birthdays, anniversaries and parties coming up.

Know anyone?

No comments: